Visit to exposure sites under natural environmental conditions
Date: December 8th, departing from Habana; December 9th return to Habana
CIDEM has prepared three exposure sites resembling the exposure classes considered by the Cuban standard NC 120:2014 for concrete. The sites are the following:
- Site Punta Matamoros: located directly on the seashore, it represents the conditions for concrete exposed at a distance of 500 m or less from the seashore.
- Site Sede Universitaria: Located at approximately 2500 m from the seashore, with a relatively lower Relative Humidity and a high content of air borne chlorides.
- Site CIDEM: located close to CIDEM’s facilities, at more than 20 km from the seashore, with a much lower relative Humidity and less air borne chlorides.
In all sites concrete blocks made with LC3 and a reference Portland cement have been laid for exposure under natural conditions. Every year a team visits the exposure sites and takes cores from the concrete elements. These cores are the subject of study throughout the year. Studies are focused on assessing the impact of carbonation and chloride ingress and migration on concrete. Processing of the data is done at CIDEM’s laboratories and microstructural studies are carried out at LMC at EPFL, Switzerland. Results from this research are widely published and will be presented during the 2nd International Conference on Calcined Clays in December at Habana.
Program (Registration Form below)
- 8:00: Departure from hotel Rivera, Habana (estimated arrival time at 11:30 am; approximately 300 km)
- 12:30-14:00: Lunch at restaurant “Santa Rosalia”, Santa Clara.
- 14:30: Visit exposure site “CIDEM” and CIDEM’s lab facilities at the Universidad Central de las Villas, underway to cayo Santa María.
- 16:00: Resume the trip to cayo Santa María (estimated arrival time 17:30, 120 km)
- 9:30: Visit to exposure site “Punta Matamoros” at the seashore (estimated arrival 9:45, 5 km)
- 11:00: Visit to exposure site “Sede Universitaria”
- 12:00: return to hotel and check out (lunch can be done at the hotel, on all inclusive scheme)
- 14:00: return to Habana (estimated arrival time 19:00, approximately 420 km)
Rates per persons
The individual rates will be dictated by the amount of people that sign up for the technical visit. The rates in Cuban convertible currency CUC are listed in a table below:
These rates include:
- Guide assistance
- Transfer from Hotel Habana Riviera/ Meliá Cohíba to Santa Clara.
- Transfer to visit to Las Villas Central University Marta Abreu.
- Transfer to Hotel Valentín Perla Blanca, Cayo Santa María.
- Accommodation in Hotel Valentín Perla Blanca 5* All inclusive, 1 night.
- Transfer to visit to facilities in Cayo Santa María.
- Transfer from Cayo Santa María to Hotel Habana Riviera
Lunch at restaurant “Santa Rosalia” must be paid separately from the package (CUC 11 per person). The choices are:
- Menu 1: Garlic chicken (470 g), stewed chicken (520- 600 g) or roasted chicken (521- 600 g).
- Menu 2: Grilled steak of pork (470 g), sliced pork with juice (320 g), or roasted pork (555g).
- Menu 3: Fried beef (400 g), minced beef with vegetables (455 g), Creole mincemeat (350 g)
- or roasted beef (575g).
- Menu 4: Grilled Fish fillet (175g), breaded fillet (475g),
- Menu 5: vegetarian
For more information, send a email to Meylin Amador Hernández : email@example.com
(form 'form-4' not found)